I think it's best if we start off this vlog with a few chuckles...
Check out this video of Youtubers trying Improv:



Improv can be the funniest thing you have ever done, but it can also be the scariest thing you’ve ever done. It’s not that everyone’s watching you, it’s that everyone is watching you and you have no idea what you or your partner will say in the next few minutes. Personally, I don’t think I could ever do improv because 1. I’m literally not funny and 2. I think stage fright is my worst quality…not even that I have stage fright, stage fright is literally engrained in me.

          I think that everyone should do improv at least once (even though again, stage fright). It’s probably something that terrifies most people, but I bet it would be a life changing experience for most of the people who would do it.
Flickr: Admissions FinancialAid, Creative Commons


          I’m most excited to see what comes out of my mouth if I ever do it……sometimes there’s no filter and that’s probably a problem. I guess we’ll find out if I ever do it.

Update:
I did it and it was absolutely amazing.

Comments

  1. I liked the point you made about trying improv! I think it can be scary especially if you have to go on a stage and do it, but we also do it every day when we interact with people. It may seem like we wouldn't know what to say but we improvise when we're speaking to other people in situations just like Improv! I like the example of the video you gave because it can show how people go about it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so relate, I feel so awkward and uncomfortable doing any sort of performance in front of an audience. But, like you said, its good to try. I did it during class (mainly for the 100% participation points) and it was so scary but not as bad once I got it over with! It really does help if you don’t have a filter. You should definitely try it, it was not nearly as painful as I expected!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you wrote this before doing amazing in the improv scene in front of the class. Even though you said you could never do it in this post you were able to overcome your stage fright and then were funny when you preformed. I have done improve in high school and think that it has helped me in a lot of interactions through my life. It helps you to be ready for whatever conversation is thrown your way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts