Let's start with this skit...
Okay, now this skit may not be about editing Wikipedia, but it is pretty funny.

Wikipedia is a site that based on the premise of it, should be able to be trusted. Nobody knows everything, but everyone knows something. But then there's the people who know something and that is that they want to disinform people. Even though Wikipedia tries to ensure all contributions are factual and cited, there are ways for people to get around it. This sucks because this was made to be a collection of info from the people, yet it cannot even be trusted because there are simply people who enjoy ruining things for everyone else, or just getting a laugh out of making things incorrect.

I personally don't find reputation ruining funny. Wikipedia has a bad rap for not being trustworthy when all the inventors wanted to do was make it easier for people to find information...thanks a lot to all the trolls out there. Ruining things for others like always.


Comments

  1. Hi Shannon! I like how you were really honestly about how you feel about Wikipedia. I as well was in my blog post, and I think that most of the time it is a trustable website, BUT to make sure if I'm writing something in a school essay, I always check and use a different source as well. I think the more sources there are, the more likely the information is correct. Great blog post !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts