Making A Video

I don't know if any of you all have ever tried to make a video, but from my high school days in video class and constant editing of outside projects, I can promise you it's extremely difficult, and daunting when you just want to go to sleep, but your video won't render at 3:45am. Trust me, it will happen. Or it could completely crash. Or it could just overall not work.
Anything about the process cold just not work; getting crew and actors, filming, getting good lighting, the script, the chemistry, the editing, the overall vibe of the video, costumes, and so much more. It is so important for all of the aspects of film to come together in order for the video to seem even relatively cohesive.
Check out this video:

Personally, I am an editor. I like to see the design come together and I like to be able to make sure the story is portrayed correctly. Editing is painstakingly time-consuming, but I love the vision and have the drive to make everything seem as it should. I've been editing for years and sometimes I take breaks, but never do I think "I'm never doing this again" because the minute you see something bad or inspiring, you're back at it again, and your video isn't rendering at 3:45am.

Until next time, readers.

Flickr - Eduardo Zárate: Editing

Comments

Popular Posts